It's a short month, and I've got a ton to do!
Last month the baby cut his first teeth, and wanted to be held all the time. I didn't manage to get any sewing projects from last month done, and now most of those will have to wait until March.
In addition, we had a lot of rain (for which I am very grateful!) and also a lot of wind. I didn't finish pruning the trees, so I need to prune and spray dormant oil (rather quickly, as the buds are close to opening!)
Our last frost date is February 15th, which makes February our busy spring planting time.
I've made the decision to remove most, if not all, of my espaliered apple trees. Despite reading that the varieties I chose did well in hot areas, most have not flowered. In addition, they have decided to grow away from the wall, and are taking up precious space in the center of the garden bed. This is an additional plan I've made to my original plans for the garden for the year, but it's one I've been debating for several years. Removing them will allow me to plant something else there, making for a more productive garden.
The weather is beautiful (in the 60's and 70's!) so working outside is a pleasure.
1. Replace sod in a few areas in the garden
2. Manure lawn (spread manure with manure spreader and rake it in)
3. Finish pruning fruit trees
4. Spray fruit trees, bushes, and vines
5. Fertilize fruit trees, roses, and berry bushes
6. Plant seeds in the garden every week for food and flowers
7. Repair leaks in the drip lines
8. Purchase more asparagus plants for the garden
9. Purchase tomato plants
10. Cement column in the garden
11. Use Liquid Nails to attach garden urn to column
12. Plant roses when they arrive (the replacements from the ones that didn't make it last year)
13. Run new drip lines in areas where the old lines need to be replaced
14. Remove espaliered apple trees
15. Remove grass that is growing in garden beds
1. Make birthday presents for two daughters
2. Embroider new labels for towels
1. Lose 4 pounds. I know it's a short month, but I also know that if I'm diligent with watching what I eat, I can achieve this goal. The semi-annual garage sale I go to is April 8th, and I want to be at my goal weight by then so that I can buy clothes for myself in a new size.
2. Study French every day
3. Watch some videos to learn new things
4. Read 2 books on French culture: The Bonjour Effect and Bringing up Bébé, both of which I requested from the library