Last week was a super busy week and I didn’t get to post my goals for the week. I did get three bathroom drawers organized (Wren and Liberty organized one of them) and went on one bicycle ride. I took the slats off of two benches and decided which slats from three benches were in the best shape to make one bench. I planted some things in the front garden (replacements for dead plants). I worked on Winter’s blue dress, sewed two rice bags and covers for the freezer (these are used for putting on bruises, like an ice pack; they are made with uncooked rice), sewed a wheat bag and cover (used to heat in the microwave for muscle aches; they are also good for warming a bed in cold weather if you live in a place that gets cold in the winter), and mended a hem. I canned 13 quarts of tomatoes from tomatoes that were given to us, and I spent some time working on organizing the pantry. I spent a lot of time helping the children with their schoolwork as well.
This Week’s Goals:
1. Finish Wren’s dress
2. Finish Winter’s blue dress
3. Finish the hot pads I started in January
1. Sand slats to fix my garden bench.
2. Prune espaliered apple trees
3. Add some manure to beds; rake beds and put drip lines back down afterwards
1. Photograph and edit photos for the next post in the 40 cents a day series
2. Photograph and edit photos for another post
2. Write Frugal Accomplishments post
1. Work on organizing the pantry
1. Go to the temple with my husband (I am so excited to have a chance to go together; we have a young woman who is babysitting for free for a service project, so I have a babysitter so that we can go together!)
2. Go on three bike rides
3. Give haircuts to both boys